Subject: Re: Power View Available on newtek bbs
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 21:26:07 -0500

On 21-Dec-95 17:20:22, Adam Ives Chrystie ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, David Roth wrote:

>> How do you download the file? It asks if I wish to use Zmodem, but I
>> can't find a place to set the protocol in Windows NT's Telnet.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> 
>> David.

>  You can't use Z-modem with telnet..guess you can't xfer files using the
> bbs..unless the bbs can open some sort of ftp connection..Good point!

>   Okay, you can telnet to the bbs and drool while looking at the file 
> names..you can call teh bbs and download them  or grab a copy from the
> three  ftp sites or download it from the newsgroup...sheesh actually i
> think this is overkill for distributing a  plugin :)

If you're using an Intel system, ProComm can be configured to use telnet,
and then you'll have zmodem available.

--
      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/